Thursday, November 18, 2010

Why Your own work space is so important.

Alright is i admit, some times i have no idea what i am talking about and this blog may very well be one of those moments. Babbling? i know.

Anyway, Today my mother recieved her coarse material in the mail (my house is full of agraphobics and socialphobics) (my self included) and was sitting out at the table doing it instead of lounging in our usual spot. . . the living room, she was doing her cause and i was out here surfing some blogs and researching and figureing out all the things i need to do where my writing is concerned. My mum went in the the living room about three hours ago and i am still out here, getting everything in order better then it has ever been. i have gotten my note books out and taken tones of notes, writen out all my fail MS (menuscripts) that are very much worth reviseing, (turns out i currently have more then 12 WIPS amazing!)

Being out here on my own (for most of the time) has really helped me sort alot of things out, i have a list of things i have to do to get my writing more organised and a list of stuff to do to help others.

I have read over and over on varuous blogs how important it is to have your own space to write in and never got it, the pin finally dropped today and i get it. If i want writing to be my number one career then i have to treat it like its number one. I mean, if you work away from home you always have your own office/workspace dont you?

so i believe its so important to have your own work space so you are free, to do what you need to do.

Heres a neat Blog by Tara Moss (awesome Australian author) about desk spaces, it proves, you can be messy, organised, or what ever, one lady even used her dog (check link) the blog you is called "i've shown you mine you show me yours." Check it out.



xx Monique

No comments:

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Why Your own work space is so important.

Alright is i admit, some times i have no idea what i am talking about and this blog may very well be one of those moments. Babbling? i know.

Anyway, Today my mother recieved her coarse material in the mail (my house is full of agraphobics and socialphobics) (my self included) and was sitting out at the table doing it instead of lounging in our usual spot. . . the living room, she was doing her cause and i was out here surfing some blogs and researching and figureing out all the things i need to do where my writing is concerned. My mum went in the the living room about three hours ago and i am still out here, getting everything in order better then it has ever been. i have gotten my note books out and taken tones of notes, writen out all my fail MS (menuscripts) that are very much worth reviseing, (turns out i currently have more then 12 WIPS amazing!)

Being out here on my own (for most of the time) has really helped me sort alot of things out, i have a list of things i have to do to get my writing more organised and a list of stuff to do to help others.

I have read over and over on varuous blogs how important it is to have your own space to write in and never got it, the pin finally dropped today and i get it. If i want writing to be my number one career then i have to treat it like its number one. I mean, if you work away from home you always have your own office/workspace dont you?

so i believe its so important to have your own work space so you are free, to do what you need to do.

Heres a neat Blog by Tara Moss (awesome Australian author) about desk spaces, it proves, you can be messy, organised, or what ever, one lady even used her dog (check link) the blog you is called "i've shown you mine you show me yours." Check it out.



xx Monique

No comments: