Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Writing Wednesday: My First Query Letters

Every Wednesday I will be Doing a post on writing, because, Monique Writes!


So yesterday i started sending out query letters for my novel, an let me say, against my nature I am quiet posative about this process.
So far i have sent to queries, and am costumising my third letter. i have a standard query template that i modify to the agent's requests that i find.
I think the reason i am so posative towards this is because every step of my writing has worked out for me, writing is what i am ment to do, it might take a while for me to get that much wanted "yes" but i know i will get it, in my 10 years of writing, i have realized that it all comes with time, if you saw the way i wrote when i was 12, hot damn you would be ashamed for me.
A small tip, the only way you are going to get any where these days is doing it your self, no i am not talking about self publishing: i have asked countless people for help over the duration of my revisions of the novel i am currently querying and while some people have given me great comments and some great grammatical advice, i have actieved most of my journey so far, on my own, I have asked people for tips on how to stay motivated, people who have achieve great amounts in their life and they just seam to palm me off, sure i have people i have that i look up to for insperation, but no one seams to want to help me get to where they are, Does any one else get that?
I may not be a NY Times best selling Author (yet), but i am damn good at what i do! I am glad i can finally see that enough to move forward with my career.
Like i keep saying on twitter (FOLLOW ME) every no i get for this novel is one step closer to a yes,
for the first time ever i actually believe in my self and my ability to get what i want, I can do this,

My negativity days may finally be over!!
How do you beat down negativity to get the results you crave?


Two of the best Blogs out there for budding Authors are spoken by Rachelle Gardener (sometimes i thing her blogs are written specifically for me because every thing she says not to do, i do) and Janet Ried,(love her blogs to alot!) these two ladies, i am too scared to query, lol they have the best advice though.

No comments:

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Writing Wednesday: My First Query Letters

Every Wednesday I will be Doing a post on writing, because, Monique Writes!


So yesterday i started sending out query letters for my novel, an let me say, against my nature I am quiet posative about this process.
So far i have sent to queries, and am costumising my third letter. i have a standard query template that i modify to the agent's requests that i find.
I think the reason i am so posative towards this is because every step of my writing has worked out for me, writing is what i am ment to do, it might take a while for me to get that much wanted "yes" but i know i will get it, in my 10 years of writing, i have realized that it all comes with time, if you saw the way i wrote when i was 12, hot damn you would be ashamed for me.
A small tip, the only way you are going to get any where these days is doing it your self, no i am not talking about self publishing: i have asked countless people for help over the duration of my revisions of the novel i am currently querying and while some people have given me great comments and some great grammatical advice, i have actieved most of my journey so far, on my own, I have asked people for tips on how to stay motivated, people who have achieve great amounts in their life and they just seam to palm me off, sure i have people i have that i look up to for insperation, but no one seams to want to help me get to where they are, Does any one else get that?
I may not be a NY Times best selling Author (yet), but i am damn good at what i do! I am glad i can finally see that enough to move forward with my career.
Like i keep saying on twitter (FOLLOW ME) every no i get for this novel is one step closer to a yes,
for the first time ever i actually believe in my self and my ability to get what i want, I can do this,

My negativity days may finally be over!!
How do you beat down negativity to get the results you crave?


Two of the best Blogs out there for budding Authors are spoken by Rachelle Gardener (sometimes i thing her blogs are written specifically for me because every thing she says not to do, i do) and Janet Ried,(love her blogs to alot!) these two ladies, i am too scared to query, lol they have the best advice though.

No comments: